Thursday, January 29, 2015

Veggie Crunch Salad and Easy Lemon Dressing

The other night as I was making dinner, I decided to make a salad as a side. I didn't have any lettuce, but I didn't let that stop me! The result was so delicious, I almost forgot about the casserole I had in the oven and would have been content to just sit down and happily munch away on this salad!



Veggie Crunch Salad

3 carrots
4-6 stalks celery (I used the middle heart pieces to get the yummy leaves!)
1/4 head purple cabbage
1 cucumber, skin removed

Chop all veggies into bite-size pieces. Garnish with green onions and hemp seeds. Toss with Lemon Dressing (recipe below). You could easily make this a meal by adding a protein source like avocado, kidney or garbanzo beans, or chopped kale. Serves about 4. Adjust amounts to your liking or to accommodate more servings. 



Easy Lemon Dressing

Juice from 1 lemon, about 2 T
3-4 T olive oil (or your favorite oil)
1 T agave syrup (optional)
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and enjoy on your favorite salads. If you don't have a lemon, you can easily sub apple cider vinegar or basalmic vinegar. 


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment